Listed among: Members of Parliament
- Twigg to Education, Thomas now Shadow Minister for Co-ops (10 Oct 2011)Several Co-operative MPs, including some elected to Parliament in 2010, have featured prominently in Ed Miliband’s reshuffle of the shadow frontbench team over the weekend. Joining Ed Balls MP and Lord Steve Bassam in Shadow Cabinet will be Stephen Twigg, Labour & Co-operative MP for Liverpool West Derby since 2010 and now Shadow Education Secretary. [...]
- [Mr Mike Weir in the Chair] — UK City of Culture 2017 (21 May 2013)Jonathan Ashworth: I am delighted that the Minister visited Leicester and that he has referenced Richard III. Does he agree that Richard III should remain in Leicester?
- Written Answers — Education: Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education (21 May 2013)Jonathan Ashworth: To ask the Secretary of State for Education what consideration he has given to introducing teaching about teratogenic medicines into the National Curriculum.
- Written Answers — Health: Sodium Valproate (21 May 2013)Jonathan Ashworth: To ask the Secretary of State for Health if he will request that the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency issue regular caution in use warnings to general practitioners relating to the risks posed by taking sodium valproate during pregnancy.
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Sodium Valproate (20 May 2013)Jonathan Ashworth: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what assessment he has made of the potential implications for the benefits system of the effects of sodium valproate on (a) the women who took it during their pregnancy and (b) their children.
- Oral Answers to Questions — Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Topical Questions (16 May 2013)Jonathan Ashworth: In recent days, it has emerged that burgers served in Leicester schools that were classified as halal contained pork. There have been similar examples elsewhere in the country. Will the Secretary of State undertake to have urgent discussions with the Food Standards Agency to ensure that halal food is indeed halal food?
- Written Answers — Cabinet Office: Press: Subscriptions (15 May 2013)Jonathan Ashworth: To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office how much No. 10 Downing Street spent on newspapers and periodicals in 2011-12.
- Written Answers — Work and Pensions: Jobcentre Plus (14 May 2013)Jonathan Ashworth: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions with reference to the answer of 22 April 2013, Official Report, columns 702-3W, on Jobcentre Plus, which of his ministerial colleagues visited each of the Jobcentre Plus centres listed in the last 12 months.
- Written Answers — Prime Minister: India (14 May 2013)Jonathan Ashworth: To ask the Prime Minister what criteria were used to select which backbench hon. Members would accompany him on his recent trip to India; and what the cost was of travel and board for those hon. Members.
- Business of the House: Child-care Ratios (9 May 2013)Jonathan Ashworth: I am aware that the Minister has long championed the policy of loosening the child-care ratios. Indeed, before she joined the Front-Bench team she was writing pamphlets about it. However, if she is so convinced of the merits of the policy, why will she not publish the Penn report, which her Department commissioned, and why has the Deputy Prime Minister let it be known in the past 24 hours...
- Business of the House (9 May 2013)Jonathan Ashworth: May we have a debate on the Department for Culture, Media and Sport’s city of culture 2017 initiative? I am sure that the Leader of the House is backing Leicester’s bid. A debate would allow Members on both sides of the House to express their support for Leicester’s overwhelming claim.