European Policy Event: 20 October, Gateshead
The Alternatives to Austerity Debated
A major policy conference based in the North East rather than the South East!
This is also the International Year of Co-operatives.
Chaired by Stephen Hughes MEP, Durham.
- Mick Henry – Leader of Gateshead Council (To be confirmed).
- Nick Forbes – Leader of Newcastle Council.
- Alejandro Cercas – MEP, Spain, Employment and Social Affairs.
- Pervenche Beres – MEP, France, Employment and Social Affairs.
- Judith Kirton-Darling – ETUC
- Erica Mezger – Eurofound, An independent European Policy Foundation.
Discussions will include
- Youth Unemployment reversal.
- Long term unemployment addressed.
- Strong and effective government.
- Localising decision making.
- Co-operatives and socially responsible enterprises.
- Growth and the rebuttal of austerity.
Venue – GATESHEAD CIVIC CENTRE
The date for your diary is
20th OCTOBER 2012 from 10:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs
There will be full audience participation, a lunchtime fringe meeting with a buffet and an opportunity to mix with the speakers on an informal basis in order to continue discussions.
Attendees include regional councillors, MPs and activists.
Contact email@example.com to reserve a place.
We are currently sponsored by The Party of European Socialists and The Co-operative Party.